Sharing a roundup of some of my favorite options for QUICK breakfasts for the kids on busy school mornings. Please please please share your favorite in the comments section below!
Hi hi! How are you? I hope you’re having a lovely morning! I’m off to the chiropractor (bless it) and then spending the rest of the day working on some posts for the new year. How the heck is it December this week?!
For today’s post, I wanted to chat about breakfast ideas for busy weekdays! We have absolutely gotten into a rut with the school morning breakfasts. I went through an entire week making them the same thing, and after throwing away many cold egg burritos, I realized I needed to up my game a little.
Whenever I feel like I’m in a rut with anything food-wise, I take some time to sit down a brainstorm. For example, if I feel blah about vegetables and don’t want to cook anything, I quickly make a list of all of the vegetables we love. It’s an easy way to remember old favorites and switch up the routine a bit! The brainstorm session can work with anything: proteins (list ALL the proteins you love; you’ll remember some familiar faves), greens, snack ideas, dinner recipes, etc. I’ll also usually get out a cookbook and that gives me some new inspiration!
This post is serving as a brainstorm session for me right now, and I figured I’d make a list of all of the quick weekday breakfasts the kids love. Feel free to pin this for when you’re looking for new ideas! Please share your go-tos in the comments section below so this can be an amazing resource for everyone!
School morning breakfasts for kids
– *Apple pie walnut baked oatmeal and a hard-boiled egg
– *Pumpkin oatmeal bake with a breakfast sausage (frozen and heated up)
– *Vegan peach baked oatmeal
– Avocado toast: sourdough with smashed avocado, lemon, Everything but the Bagel seasoning, and a sliced hard-boiled egg on top
– Breakfast smoothie: 1 cup almond milk, Greek yogurt, 1 banana, frozen berries, peanut butter, spinach, ice, and cinnamon (sometimes I add chia seeds or MCT oil to this too)
– *Their favo