Brownies stuffed with a creamy white chocolate cream cheese filling and a big juicy strawberry on top. These tuxedo brownie cups are elegant and delicious!
Brownies are delicious and they go with just about any occasion or meal so they are the perfect “go to” dessert when you’ve got a lot going on, but it’s time to give brownies a little dressing up. We made it a black tie affair with these tuxedo brownie bites and I’m so glad we did!
The cream cheese filling is absolutely divine, but really can you EVER go wrong with cream cheese filling? It’s creamy and perfect along with that bold chocolate and the fresh, sweet berry.
Ingredients for Tuxedo Brownie Bites
- Fudge Brownie Mix: Make the brownies following the cake like instructions. You will need eggs, water and vegetable oil.
- White Chocolate: adds a delicious rich flavor to the filling
- Milk: thins out the filling a little and adds creaminess
- Cream Cheese: use full fat cream cheese and make sure it is at room temperature (see section below for avoiding lumps)
- Powdered Sugar: adds sweetness
- Frozen Whipped Topping: adds structure to the filling
- Strawberries: adds flavor and freshness and pairs so well with chocolate
- Orange Zest: This is totally optional but it adds a beautiful depth of flavor. Mint or chocolate could also be used to garnish.
The measurements for all the ingredients can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Lumps in Cream Cheese
Remember, when cooking or baking with cream cheese you need to either set it out for a bit so that you can soften the brick, making a smooth spread, or fill a sink with warm water and let it sit, still in its foil until soft. There’s nothing worse than lumpy cream cheese filling and no amount of beating will smooth out those pieces.
How to Make Tuxedo Brownie Bites
The beautiful thing about these brownie bites (besides how good they taste) is that they seem so decadent and fancy but they couldn’t be easier to make! Here are the basic steps:
- Prep: Preheat the oven and spray all the muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Brownie Mix: Prepare the brownie mix according to the cake like directions.
- Bake: Using a small cookie scoop, fill the cups 2/3 full with brownie batter and bake.
- Create: When the brownies are done baking, use the back of the small scoop the indent the middle of each brownie to create a “brownie cup”.
- Filling: While the brownies cool, make the filling (see section below for more details).
- Assemble: Add the filling to the brownie cups (more details below)